At William Hulme's Grammar School, we take privacy very seriously and that includes taking great care with images of our students. Sometimes we take photos of students enjoying their learning, to share with the school community and beyond. We feel this enhances the learning experience for our students, their families and their friends.
We just need to know we have your consent to use images of your child in this way. You can be sure we will act responsibly when we use photos to minimise the risks, and you can read more about how we do that below. Images of pupils may be used in the following ways:
- On wall displays around school
- On our website, our social media sites and other electronic communications
- In our prospectus and other printed publications that we produce for educational and promotional purposes
- In the media, e.g. if a newspaper photographer or television film crew attend an event organised by the school.
To give us your consent, complete the online form using the link below. We will record this preference and follow your instructions.
Image Consent Online Form
Thank you for your time and supporting William Hulme's Grammar School. Here are the full details of the measures we take to minimise the risks of using images:
- We will not use the personal details or full names (which means first name and surname) of any child or adult in a photographic image, on video/DVD, on our website, in our prospectus or in any of our other printed publications.
- We will not include personal addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers on video, on our website, in our prospectus or in other printed publications.
- If we use photographs of individual children, then we will not use the name of that child in the accompanying text or photo caption. If we name a child in any text, then we will not use a photograph of that child to accompany the article.
- We may include pictures of children and staff that have been drawn by the children.
- We may use group photographs or footage with general labels, such as ‘Making Christmas decorations’.
- We will only use images of children who are suitably dressed.
- We will discuss the use of images with children in an age appropriate way to role model positive behaviour.
- Consent can be withdrawn by a parent/carer at any time by informing the school in writing.
Image Use Policy
We hold a photograph of each pupil on our secure management information system for identification purposes. Our legal basis for doing so is the legitimate interests of the data controller. We will not use photographs of your child for any other purpose without your consent.
How the School Uses Your Data
The data controller for personal information held by William Hulme’s Grammar School is United Learning Trust (ULT). ULT is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The registration number is Z7415170. The Company Secretary, Alison Hussain, is responsible for ensuring that ULT complies with the Data Protection Law. She can be contacted on email@example.com or 01832 864538.