GCSE SUCCESS AT WILLIAM HULME’S GRAMMAR SCHOOL
/ Categories: News
Today, students from William Hulme’s Grammar School are celebrating another year of strong GCSE results.
These showed that 69% of students achieved five or more good passes (grade 4 or above) including English and maths.
Students also achieved strong results in the government’s Basics measure with 73% of students achieving Grade 4+ in English and maths and 55% achieving Grade 5 +.
Today’s results come on top of the school’s success in A Levels last week with many of those celebrating today now going on to join the school’s Sixth Form.
28% of all entries were awarded 9-7 grades equivalent to the old A*-A grades. There were also a number of particularly strong individual successes with nearly a quarter of students gaining at least five 9-7 grades including:
- Najib Adenhersi (including 4 Grade 9s)
- Ikra Atfab
- Fakhir Ali (including 2 Grade 9s)
- Ali Alizadeh (including 1 Grade 9 and 2 A*s)
- Hira Ashraf
- Elizabeth Bada (including 1 Grade 9)
- Olivia Barton (including 1 Grade 9)
- Adam Benali (including 1 Grade 9)
- Neha Biju
- Will Burden (including 3 Grade 9s)
- Jacob Dwan
- Ellen Eaton (including 2 Grade 9s)
- Iqra Haroon (including 1 Grade 9)
- Ali Hussain (including 1 Grade 9)
- Sonia Jan
- Anacarla Jeffery (including 1 Grade 9)
- Fudia Kamara (including 2 Grade 9s)
- Sara Kathrada (including 4 Grade 9s)
- Palvasha Khan
- Mimi Leighton
- Donne Mugabo
- Ruby Mynett
- Bahram Parvaz
- Lexi Pert (including 4 Grade 9s)
- Sahil Qadir (including 1 Grade 9)
- Mohammed Rahman
- Daniya Rana (including 1 Grade 9)
- Ahmed Rehman
- Hannan Salim
- Imaan Shafi (including 2 Grade 9s)
- Liya Shazad
- Nathaniel Shields (including 8 Grade 9s)
- Tanaka Taderera (including 1 Grade 9)
- Faheem Ul-Haque
- Alim Zaib (including 1 Grade 9)
Peter Mulholland, Principal of William Hulme’s Grammar School, said:
“I would like to congratulate those students who are celebrating today for their hard work and effort into getting their grades. What is particularly pleasing is that today’s success provides them with the grades they need to join our Sixth Form and to continue their education here”.
“I am delighted for those students who have been awarded the highest grade of 9 in some of their subjects. This is a very prestigious achievement and bodes very well for their future success at A Level.
“I’d also like to thank our staff who work so hard across the year for their commitment and the support they give our students. Along with our students’ families, they provide the ongoing stimulus and encouragement our students need to achieve their full potential”.