Year 10 MemRi Cup End of Season Awards
/ Categories: News
Thursday, 25 June 2020
Over the last 7 weeks, the classes in Year 10 have been competing in the first ever MemRi Cup. Each week, classes have been pitted against each other in a battle for points. Points are given for effort, accuracy, and precision on the MemRi function on Hegarty Maths. The Year 10 MemRi Cup concluded last week with an epic title decider at Harrison Park, in which 10X3 eventually overcame 10Y1 to be crowned MemRi Cup Champions! At Wednesday's Year 10 End of Season Awards Ceremony on Teams, the Top 10 Players of the Season were named as follows:
10. Cosmo – Cosmo was consistency personified as he became a key player for Miss Smith’s side. Cosmo regularly scored 90%+ in his MemRi over the season, completing an impressive 289 questions throughout the tournament.
9. Omar – Omar put in performance after performance, week in, week out for Mr Harrison’s side. The highlight was a stunning Player of the Match performance against 10Y3 in Week 2. Omar completed a magnificent 430 questions over the 7 weeks to deservedly take his place in the top 10.
8. Callum – Callum was the star player for Miss Allen’s team, driving his side to memorable victories over 10Y3 and 10X1. Callum took home two Player of the Match certificates, completing 440 questions in the process.
7. Muhammad-Hammad – Muhammad-Hammad showed amazing displays of accuracy and precision to earn his position at number 7 on our list. A stunning Player of the Match performance in Week 4 was the highlight, but Muhammad constantly scored 90%+, earning Miss Semehen’s side many valuable points.
6. Rayyan – Rayyan was the stand out performer in Mr Kalaher’s team. Rayyan grew from strength to strength throughout the competition, finishing with an excellent Player of the Match performance against 10Y4 to ensure his side finished 3rd in the MemRi Cup.
5. Rimsha – Rimsha consistently put in fantastic performances which were key in many of 10X3’s victories throughout the season. She displayed both accuracy and determination, with a Player of the Match performance in Week 6 proving crucial in 10X3 ending the season as Champions.
4. Mulaikah – Mulaikah showed incredible effort throughout the competition and became an integral part of the success of 10Y1. She consistently completed over 100 questions each week, driving her team to the top of the league. A memorable Player of the Match performance in Week 1 was the highlight but Mulaikah was brilliant throughout.
3. Blessing – Blessing showed unbelievable mathematical talent to earn 10X3 some important victories over their league rivals. Blessing produced a number of stunning performances by scoring 90% from 235 questions against 10Y3 in Week 4 and 89% from 222 questions against 10Y1 in Week 6.
2. Shariq – Shariq was integral in Miss Semehen’s side achieving a third placed finish in the MemRi Cup. Not only did he win an amazing 3 Player of the Match certificates, Shariq showed incredible work rate and mathematical ability by correctly answering 711 out of 880 questions throughout the competition.
1. Shahad – Although there were many brilliant performances throughout the season, there was one player that stood out above the rest and that was Shahad. Shahad showed unbelievable commitment, determination and mathematical excellence to ensure that the MemRi Cup went to 10X3. Shahad was relentless in her quest to deliver the MemRi Cup to the Turley Bowl, exceptionally completing 1560 questions over the 7 weeks, picking up 3 Player of the Match Certificates along the way. Well done Shahad, a thoroughly deserving winner of the first ever MemRi Cup Player of the Season!
Congratulations to the award winners, and all other Year 10 students who have participated in the competition, who have all shown excellent commitment to their studies in these unprecedented times.