Banned Items List
In the interests of the health and safety of students, staff, other members of the school community and visitors to the school, the school asks parents/carers and students to ensure that any inappropriate and dangerous items, or any inappropriate and harmful substances, are not brought in to school.
In the majority of cases the application of common sense will easily determine what should not be brought in to school.
The list below is not exhaustive but is intended as a guide. The specified items on the list, and any item that would fall into the first 3 categories, should not be brought in to school. Sanctions under the Behaviour Policy may be applied to any student found in possession of any banned item or any item that the school deems to be unsuitable and dangerous. In certain circumstances, the school will use hand-held metal detectors as part of a search. The school reserves the right to exclude students in extreme cases, or when students or parents/carers have received warnings about banned items.
1. Fire Lighting Equipment
2. Drugs and Smoking Equipment
- Cigarette papers
- Any form of illegal drug
3. Weapons and Other Dangerous Implements and Substances
- BB guns
- Laser pens
- LED torches
- Knives or any other sharp and potentially dangerous implements
4. Other Items
- Fizzy Drinks (cans and bottles), including energy
- Unhealthy snacks – chocolate bars, sweets, lollipops, chewing gum
- Offensive material (pornographic, homophobic, racist, etc)
- Any aerosol - other than essential medication
- Any article that the member of staff reasonably suspects has been, or is likely to be, used:
- to commit an offence,
- to cause personal injury to, or damage to the property of, any person (including the pupil).
Note: non-aerosol deodorants are permitted.