Important Notes for Students
November External Exams 2023
External Exams Timetable
Students sitting external exams in the November series, must familiarise themselves with the JCQ Notices – please see further information on the JCQ Notices tab:
- Information for candidates – written exams 2023-2024
- Unauthorised items poster / Warning to candidates poster
- Preparing to sit exams
Summer Exams 2024
The summer exam window will start on Thursday 9 May and close on Wednesday 26 June 2024 (contingency day – please read below).
- All morning exams start promptly at 9.00am.
- All afternoon exams start promptly at 1.30pm
- Please be at your exam room at least 10-15 minutes prior to the start time.
Please see further information below regarding Contingency Days.
The dates that have been set aside as the contingency days are Thursday 6 June and Thursday 13 June 2024 (afternoons only), and Wednesday 26 June 2024 (all day).
This means that all students must be available to sit exams from the date of their first exam until Wednesday 26 June 2024. This decision is not a school decision and applies to all students in all schools. Please can all students/parents/carers make a note of the new contingency exam dates in the event that an awarding body needs to invoke its contingency plan.
- Revision will be key to reaching your best possible grade.
- Subject teachers will be sharing revision resources and ideas.
General suggestions would be to use:
Collection of Certificates
Following the summer exams, certificates will be available for collection from the school School Reception from November between the hours of 9.30am and 2.30pm.
Certificates belong to the student and, therefore, cannot be issued to any other individual without a signed letter of authorisation from the student and identification of the person collecting.
Certificates can be sent via the post. As per exam regulations, the certificates will have to be sent by Recorded Delivery. There is a fee of £3.50 to cover this service.
It is extremely important exam certificates are collected and kept secure as they are required for Higher Education and workplaces often request them.
- Summer Exams - certificates available for collection in November.
- November Exams - certificates available for collection in February.