Students will be introduced to a variety of experiences that explore a range of photographic media, techniques and processes.
Students' responses to these examples must be shown through practical and critical activities that demonstrate their understanding of different styles, genres and traditions. Students will use sketchbooks/workbooks/journals to underpin their work where appropriate.
Students may use traditional methods and/or digital techniques to produce images. Students should be aware of the four assessment objectives.
Areas of study:
Students are required to work in one or more area(s) of photography, such as those listed below. They may explore overlapping areas and combinations of areas:
- landscape photography (working from the urban, rural and/or coastal environment)
- still life photography (working from objects or from the natural world)
- documentary photography, photojournalism
- fashion photography
- experimental imagery
- photographic installation
- moving image (video, film, animation)