Consultation about Admissions Policy for 2016
The governing body of the school wishes to consult about changes to our admissions arrangements for 2016 for at least 8 weeks between 1 November 2014 and 1 March 2015. Interested parties are invited to comment before 31st March 2015. Com,ments should be addressed in writing to Mrs B Schouten, Vice Principal, c/o the school.
Comments received will be considered by the governors before determination of our arrangements for 2016.
We will be consulting the following parties:
- All parents of children at the school;
- Other people who in the school's opinion may have an interest in the proposed admissions by advertising in all the local libraries, in the Manchester Evening News and by holding a public meeting on 14/01/2015 at the school;
- All local Primary and Secondary schools including those who are their own admissions authorities;
- Manchester Local Authority;
- Trafford Local Authority.
A full copy of the proposed arrangements may be downloaded from this page. The main changes are highlighted in yellow.
See our proposed admission arrangements for 2016
In our proposed policy for 2016-2017 we have removed some paragraphs which are no longer relevant and made some compliance changes. We believe that this new version is a lot simpler for parents to understand and more streamlined.
The main changes are as follows:
- Removal of paragraphs relating to the change from being an independent school e.g. reference to Junior school changed to Primary Phase etc. and about where ‘the school is building to full capacity’
Our new admission number for Y7 (150) and Reception (60)
A statement of how we tie-break when we have two or more candidates with the same MFL aptitude test score
Slight change to the wording of the sibling criterion – we now say: “Pupils who, before the date of admission, will have an older sibling already currently on roll in Reception to Year 11 of the Academy”. This is to replace “Pupils who, on the date of admission, will have an older sibling in Reception to year 11 of the Academy”. This is to make clear that an older sibling cannot give the sibling priority to a younger sibling until after they have started at the school.
The following are the compliance changes to comply with the School Admissions Code and recent guidance from the Department for Education:
Date of public consultation meeting: Wednesday, 14th January 2015 at 5.30pm in school